My training as a counsellor was at Masters level at the University of Brighton; I qualified with a Postgraduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling in 2007. I am a member of the British Association for the Person-Centred Approach (BAPCA).
I have worked as a counsellor in private practice since September 2007, working with individuals, couples, children and young people. In this time I have worked with a wide range of issues. Before that I counselled in a preventative mental health centre, where clients were referred by their GPs. I worked as a tutor at at Sussex Downs college for four years, where I taught counselling theory and skills to adults on interpersonal and counselling skills courses. I volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care for seven years; initially I supported bereaved adults as a Bereavement Volunteer, and then I completed Cruse training to work with bereaved children and young people. I completed supervision training with Cruse, and for two years supervised groups of Cruse Bereavement Volunteers. In my private practice, I currently supervise trainee and qualified counsellors. I also supervise a group of bereavement volunteers at St.Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- PG Dip in Person-Centred Counselling, University of Brighton, 2007
- Cruse accredited counsellor, 2007
- Training for working with Children and Young People, Cruse, 2008
- Ascentis accredited supervision training, through Cruse, 2010
- MA in Education, from the University of Sussex, 1994
- I am also a qualified teacher, with a PGCE, and have worked in primary schools in East Sussex, teaching 7 – 11 yr olds. I spent three years working as an Advisory Teacher for East Sussex County Council, providing training for teachers across the county.
- I have a BA (Hons) in English and American Literature from the University of Kent.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). As required by the BACP, I am in regular supervision and follow an ongoing programme of continued professional development to update my knowledge and skills. I am covered by professional liability insurance.